I very recently (within this week) received a letter from my Congressman, Rep. Elijah Cummings asking me to read some articles which I later found out were to further his cause of lambasting President Trump. So what we have here in plain text is actually from the sourced material he sent; furthermore, between paragraphs are numbered comments that I made back to Cummings hoping to open his eyes.
President Donald Trump’s immigration order inconvenienced some this weekend “for the safety of us all,” adding that Trump wanted to be proactive, rather than reactive, in fighting terrorism.
- Ask yourself ⸻ was it time for the shift?
- Did this come as a surprise to you? Why?
Trump signed an executive order Friday afternoon that bans all immigrants and visa holders from seven majority-Muslim countries from entering the US for 90 days and opens the door to more country-based bans in future.
- President Trump gave plenty of warning to these immigrants (really let’s tell the truth here, they are refugees)
- What is difficult to understand is how the left is spinning this entire matter: seven majority-Muslim countries?
- I do not feel whatsoever that my President Trump is waging anything toward Muslims;
- I do however want this to be stated: Can anyone from the Democrat Party tell me how we allowed in excess of 100,000 Christians to be murdered in Syria, Somalia, Iraq, and the remaining seven countries?
It also bans all refugee admissions for 120 days — and bans Syrian refugees indefinitely. It slashes the US’s refugee quota for 2017 to less than half of the level set by President Obama, directs the US to prioritize “religious minorities” for the remaining slots, and bars all refugees from countries that aren’t specifically approved by the US government. (Whose spinning this decision through religion..?)
- It is time for the USA to take a look at how immigrants and refugees get into the country. A moratorium on any or all immigration is what this nation needs.
- Unfortunately for far too long, the USA has not had an immigration policy ⸻ and far be it from me to suggest blame be held by those who are responsible for this mess. Why attempt accountability? It is those Senators and Representatives and President’s that should have nipped this egregious mess in the bud before it happened.
And it tasks the federal government with coming up with a new process to screen everyone hoping to immigrate to the US, one that requires each individual immigrant to prove she or he would be a “positively contributing member of society.”
- Call me old-fashioned but since the time of the Founder’s as well as 1904 when President Theodore Roosevelt debated if we can even call it that for the newly admitted immigrant should be of “good moral behavior, speak English, and be a productive member of the US society.”
The Trump administration is framing the executive order as a security measure: It is titled “Protecting the Nation from Terrorist Attacks by Foreign Nationals.” (Edited by the reader.)
California with its “moonbean govenor” is trying their hardest to become the first “Sancturay State.” And yes, trying to get federal funds that normally is to be witheld. With the Cabinet positions being delayed for so long now — at this point in Obama’s presidency he was given the green light on over 20 Cabinet members, Trump is stopped at 6 members at the time of this writing.
Finally, the Democrat Party members are showing clear evidence of gridlocking the process of a transition government. As I listen to my friends (primarily Ashton at the SAG Awards) go out on tirades and to the point of contridicting themselves – I have yet to meet a politically knowledgeable celebrity.